EXT Gaming
Welcome to EXTPortable, Guest!

At the moment, you are viewing the forum as a guest. As a guest you can't make post and participate in discussions. You need to register and become a member of the forum. Click the register link below and become a part of this forum. But please, don't become part of the site just for the Downloads, If you Register, do it because you want to have fun and get to know people, if NOT then don't Register at all.

Thank You,

Bou

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

EXT Gaming
Welcome to EXTPortable, Guest!

At the moment, you are viewing the forum as a guest. As a guest you can't make post and participate in discussions. You need to register and become a member of the forum. Click the register link below and become a part of this forum. But please, don't become part of the site just for the Downloads, If you Register, do it because you want to have fun and get to know people, if NOT then don't Register at all.

Thank You,

Bou
EXT Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» [Forum Game]Yum or Yuck
PS Vita hacked? EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 2:10 am by AvieD1ne

» True or False
PS Vita hacked? EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 1:53 am by AvieD1ne

» EXT
PS Vita hacked? EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 7:30 pm by AvieD1ne

» 'Ello there!
PS Vita hacked? EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 6:49 pm by AvieD1ne

» Sup son! What You Doing Now 2
PS Vita hacked? EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 6:38 pm by AvieD1ne

» What are you currently playing?
PS Vita hacked? EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 6:31 pm by AvieD1ne

» Hai :3
PS Vita hacked? EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 11:40 am by Neff Anselmo

» Anime Ramen
PS Vita hacked? EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 5:58 am by Bou

» Happy New Year
PS Vita hacked? EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 8:26 am by Ziyi

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 256 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:10 pm

PS Vita hacked?

5 posters

Go down

PS Vita hacked? Empty PS Vita hacked?

Post by RoXante Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:42 am

Japanese PSP scener Mamosuke announced today on his blog that he was able to confirm a “Hello World” running on the PS Vita through the embedded PSP emulator. The exploit was made by developer teck4, and most likely relies on one of our good buffer overflow friends. and for those who are wondering “is it real?”, my current answer is that I haven’t tried it yet, but knowing Mamosuke fairly well I can tell you it’s true.

Technically, the idea behind the hack is simple but brilliant: the PS Vita has a PSP emulator, and we have plenty of PSP game exploits lying around… can we assume they will work on the emulator? That’s what teck4 tried, and the answer is yes, so he managed to run unsigned code on the PS Vita.

For those who join this blog for the first time, basically how this works is that a special save data file is crafted for a specific game. When the game is asked to load the save data, through a flaw in the game code we manage to re-route the game into executing code that we wrote ourselves. That code is usually very simple, displaying a simple message (typically “hello world”, hence the name).

From there, what happened for the PSP was that we integrated these exploits into our homebrew loading tool, Half-byte Loader, which allows people to load more interesting homebrews such as emulators, etc…

Now this was quick, the PS Vita -Just released in Japan has apparently run a Hello World user mode homebrew! Yep running unsigned code and so soon. I know what your thinking a blurry crap photo and its saying FW 6.31 which is a PSP Firmware.

Explaination is its a 6.31 modified save game exploit to work on the PS Vita. A user mode exploit. This all came from Japanese hacker teck4. This guy hasn’t released the code or the game details yet as he is planing to port a HBL for this. We will see. The screenshot below is some proof. But I could do that myself with a screen dump from my PSP and then load it on the PSV. Here’s hoping some video proof will be released soon. That is much clearer.

PS Vita hacked? Ps-vita-hello-world

[UPDATE: my additional comment in english]
I read lot’s of article around the world about this Hello World on Vita and I found so many “this is fake,right?”…No, this is not a fake. But you have to think this is inevitable result because of emulation.

And you can find “Hello World for PSP Firmware 6.31 by Teck4″ and say “Why 6.31?”

Teck4 have some savegame exploits. These were found when PSP lastest firmware was 6.31. He tried to run his unsigned code without any modification..including the letter “6.31″

That’s why “6.31″ was displayed in his Hello World.

His exploit use buffer overflow of the system and, you know, what we call “Usemode exploit”, So do not expect kernel hacking from it.

I know his exploit and I know he is not a faker. That’s real. But I think this shows us that emulation tech on vita is brilliant, NOT “PS Vita is hackable!”

source: pspslimhacks
RoXante
RoXante
Theme Maker

TECH POINT$ : 356

http://crystallis-gamer.tk

Back to top Go down

PS Vita hacked? Empty Re: PS Vita hacked?

Post by Bou Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:21 am

HBL, psp user mode homebrews on the PSVita's sounding good right now^^
Bou
Bou
Dr Evil

TECH POINT$ : 6402

http://www.extportable.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ThAt_GuY Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:27 pm

DAMN that was fast, so now you supposedly can run ISO's on a vita.
ThAt_GuY
ThAt_GuY
That Guy

TECH POINT$ : 793

Back to top Go down

Post by Bou Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:56 pm

ThAt_GuY wrote:DAMN that was fast, so now you supposedly can run ISO's on a vita.
Of course not^^
This is a user mode exploit, for Back-up ISO's you need a kernel exploit. Plus this isn't the first step towards hacking the PSVita.
Wololo wrote:The exploit happens within the PSP emulator on the Vita, and will not directly give access to the Vita hardware or features
This means we'll only be able to PSP homebrews and emulators that required user mode.
Bou
Bou
Dr Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by xTyP_xHoly Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:36 am

DAAANG. It came out in Japan already?
xTyP_xHoly
xTyP_xHoly
K-ON! Addict

TECH POINT$ : 1665

https://www.facebook.com/xTyPxHoly

Back to top Go down

Post by RoXante Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:54 am

lol, its release was scheduled for the 15th of this month.
RoXante
RoXante
Theme Maker

TECH POINT$ : 356

http://crystallis-gamer.tk

Back to top Go down

Post by Death_Wolf_{4Ef} Tue May 15, 2012 10:47 am

i wouldnt mind it being able to just run homebrews.
i'd rather not play the vita's online games with hackers.
Death_Wolf_{4Ef}
Death_Wolf_{4Ef}
Elite

TECH POINT$ : 586

https://www.facebook.com/thomastsosie

Back to top Go down

Post by Bou Fri May 18, 2012 2:28 am

Death_Wolf_{4Ef} wrote:i wouldnt mind it being able to just run homebrews.
i'd rather not play the vita's online games with hackers.
you can if you use vhbl^^
Bou
Bou
Dr Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down