EXT Gaming
Welcome to EXTPortable, Guest!

At the moment, you are viewing the forum as a guest. As a guest you can't make post and participate in discussions. You need to register and become a member of the forum. Click the register link below and become a part of this forum. But please, don't become part of the site just for the Downloads, If you Register, do it because you want to have fun and get to know people, if NOT then don't Register at all.

Thank You,

Bou

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

EXT Gaming
Welcome to EXTPortable, Guest!

At the moment, you are viewing the forum as a guest. As a guest you can't make post and participate in discussions. You need to register and become a member of the forum. Click the register link below and become a part of this forum. But please, don't become part of the site just for the Downloads, If you Register, do it because you want to have fun and get to know people, if NOT then don't Register at all.

Thank You,

Bou
EXT Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» [Forum Game]Yum or Yuck
‘No Used Game’ Policy is a Hoax According to Analyst EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 2:10 am by AvieD1ne

» True or False
‘No Used Game’ Policy is a Hoax According to Analyst EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 1:53 am by AvieD1ne

» EXT
‘No Used Game’ Policy is a Hoax According to Analyst EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 7:30 pm by AvieD1ne

» 'Ello there!
‘No Used Game’ Policy is a Hoax According to Analyst EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 6:49 pm by AvieD1ne

» Sup son! What You Doing Now 2
‘No Used Game’ Policy is a Hoax According to Analyst EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 6:38 pm by AvieD1ne

» What are you currently playing?
‘No Used Game’ Policy is a Hoax According to Analyst EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 6:31 pm by AvieD1ne

» Hai :3
‘No Used Game’ Policy is a Hoax According to Analyst EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 11:40 am by Neff Anselmo

» Anime Ramen
‘No Used Game’ Policy is a Hoax According to Analyst EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 5:58 am by Bou

» Happy New Year
‘No Used Game’ Policy is a Hoax According to Analyst EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 8:26 am by Ziyi

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 256 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:10 pm

‘No Used Game’ Policy is a Hoax According to Analyst

3 posters

Go down

‘No Used Game’ Policy is a Hoax According to Analyst Empty ‘No Used Game’ Policy is a Hoax According to Analyst

Post by StriickeN Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:42 pm

As almost all of you know, next generation consoles from both Microsoft and Sony have been rumored to incorporate some sort of anti-used game technology. Currently, no proof has surfaced to back the claim but everyone seems to be voicing their opinions on the matter. Last month, a developer’s blog post outlined why he felt it necessary and now Securities analyst Michael Pacther calls it a bluff.

“The anti-piracy rumors started in 2005, when Ken Kutaragi patented a technology for it prior to the PS3 launch,” Pachter told NowGamer.

According to Patcher, this technology has been around for some time, even prior to our current systems. Why would Sony decide against it in 2005 and rehash it now? Patcher claims this is the same rumor surfacing once again for next generation consoles with little to no proof.

Another interesting statistic mentioned is the fact that software sales only amount to 10% of each companies revenue. While this would cater to the developers and publishers, retailers play a bigger part than some may realize. If the ability to play these used games are axed, retailers could retaliate and refuse to stock their consoles and new games.

While games can become digital, a console cannot. If retailers refuse to sell these consoles, Microsoft and Sony will take the blunt of the hit. Is the 10% worth sacrificing to please the developers and drive other profits down?
StriickeN
StriickeN
I meke you rish.

TECH POINT$ : 3534

http://psvmods.net

Back to top Go down

‘No Used Game’ Policy is a Hoax According to Analyst Empty Re: ‘No Used Game’ Policy is a Hoax According to Analyst

Post by Bou Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:29 pm

They did something similar to this on the Vita where you can't earn trophies on used games but there seems to be a work around lol
Bou
Bou
Dr Evil

TECH POINT$ : 6402

http://www.extportable.com

Back to top Go down

‘No Used Game’ Policy is a Hoax According to Analyst Empty Re: ‘No Used Game’ Policy is a Hoax According to Analyst

Post by Supra_Mario Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:31 pm

man that the kinda shit that pisses me off. me i only buy new games if i know ima going to play the living shit out of them, i wait for used game to go on sale at the store because i know its going to be: 1 easy as shit and short like bou's penis, 2cheaper when buying it on craigslist lol.

what really pisses me of is what ea and some other companies do, put online activation codes in their games. if u dont know what im talking about go out buy mass effect 3 or battle field 3 used then try to play online..... o what u cant u have to buy an activation code GG money hungry bastards cuz u dont already make enough money Fudgin trolls violent
Supra_Mario
Supra_Mario
Rookie

TECH POINT$ : 142

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down