EXT Gaming
Welcome to EXTPortable, Guest!

At the moment, you are viewing the forum as a guest. As a guest you can't make post and participate in discussions. You need to register and become a member of the forum. Click the register link below and become a part of this forum. But please, don't become part of the site just for the Downloads, If you Register, do it because you want to have fun and get to know people, if NOT then don't Register at all.

Thank You,

Bou

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

EXT Gaming
Welcome to EXTPortable, Guest!

At the moment, you are viewing the forum as a guest. As a guest you can't make post and participate in discussions. You need to register and become a member of the forum. Click the register link below and become a part of this forum. But please, don't become part of the site just for the Downloads, If you Register, do it because you want to have fun and get to know people, if NOT then don't Register at all.

Thank You,

Bou
EXT Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» [Forum Game]Yum or Yuck
Vita hack 'doesn't let you play pirate retail games' EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 2:10 am by AvieD1ne

» True or False
Vita hack 'doesn't let you play pirate retail games' EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 1:53 am by AvieD1ne

» EXT
Vita hack 'doesn't let you play pirate retail games' EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 7:30 pm by AvieD1ne

» 'Ello there!
Vita hack 'doesn't let you play pirate retail games' EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 6:49 pm by AvieD1ne

» Sup son! What You Doing Now 2
Vita hack 'doesn't let you play pirate retail games' EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 6:38 pm by AvieD1ne

» What are you currently playing?
Vita hack 'doesn't let you play pirate retail games' EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 6:31 pm by AvieD1ne

» Hai :3
Vita hack 'doesn't let you play pirate retail games' EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 11:40 am by Neff Anselmo

» Anime Ramen
Vita hack 'doesn't let you play pirate retail games' EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 5:58 am by Bou

» Happy New Year
Vita hack 'doesn't let you play pirate retail games' EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 8:26 am by Ziyi

Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 256 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:10 pm

Vita hack 'doesn't let you play pirate retail games'

3 posters

Go down

Vita hack 'doesn't let you play pirate retail games' Empty Vita hack 'doesn't let you play pirate retail games'

Post by StriickeN Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:26 pm

Vita hack 'doesn't let you play pirate retail games' D4c83bf775

Yifan Lu, the self-styled 'reverse engineer' attempting to write a loader enabling Vita to run homebrew software, has stressed that his efforts won't allow consumers to play pirate retail games.Speaking to an indie Vita developer on Twitter, he said it's "physically impossible to decrypt or load retail games with my exploit".It was then put to him by the developer that his exploit will represent "an open door. Not for you, but for people who want to destroy us".

This is a possibility that Lu acknowledged in an interview with PlayStation Lifestyle."When the exploit goes public, it could be used as a stepping stone to analyze the system for farther exploits, including the more desirable kernel exploit, which if found would open the system up entirely (mods, CFW, maybe even Linux/Android, and unfortunately ISO loaders)," he told the site.

"However, it takes a lot of skills to find such an exploit, and those who I talked to with the necessary skills are all anti-piracy. However, not thinking of potential other exploits, this one can only be used to load homebrews and nothing else... Sony's system is really well designed and I believe a kernel exploit is very far away."On his stance regarding piracy, Lu reiterated: "I am 100% against piracy and no tool I will make will benefit piracy.

This tool, in fact, cannot be used for loading backups/pirated content even if I want to because of the physical limitations of the exploit (it is userland, no rights to decrypt/load games)."Lu also said that he's only "at the very early" stages of being able to run homebrew on Vita. "The first step in fact. This means that readers will have to wait at least a couple of months before they can even see any demo at all."

~Source

Last edited by AvieD1ne on Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:38 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Made easier on the eyes)
StriickeN
StriickeN
I meke you rish.

TECH POINT$ : 3534

http://psvmods.net

Back to top Go down

Vita hack 'doesn't let you play pirate retail games' Empty Re: Vita hack 'doesn't let you play pirate retail games'

Post by Bou Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:57 am

We kinda already knew this wouldn't support piracy since it's only a usermode exploit and it's already known that almost all PSP and PSV devs don't support piracy^^ it's bad mmKay

although it would be nice if they can unlock all the ram through the user exploit to run emus at full speed^^;
That guy who wrote the article needs to learn to write a bit better. The wall of text isn't easy on the eyes XD
Bou
Bou
Dr Evil

TECH POINT$ : 6402

http://www.extportable.com

Back to top Go down

Vita hack 'doesn't let you play pirate retail games' Empty Re: Vita hack 'doesn't let you play pirate retail games'

Post by StriickeN Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:05 am

yea i was gonna separate it into paragraphs but i got to lazy :P
StriickeN
StriickeN
I meke you rish.

TECH POINT$ : 3534

http://psvmods.net

Back to top Go down

Post by AvieD1ne Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:38 am

Fixed ^^
AvieD1ne
AvieD1ne
GOD

TECH POINT$ : 3169

http://www.extportable.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum